I had my students do a webquest this week on ancient civilizations and it was very difficult to find sites that were modest. It was the strict request of our cooperating teacher to have modest art. It is very difficult to have an Ancient Greece webquest that doesn't have a naked statue or something like that. Anyway I finally make a webquest for the five ancient civilizations that I am doing and the whole time even though I knew that the sites were "kid friendly" my heart was racing that they would navigate to something and I would be the one to blame. Even though I knew that they were good. It is interesting to be in an area that is very conservative. I remember when I was in 6th grade that we looked at picture after picture because our teacher explained. I don't think harmful, however, I am complying with my teacher and area of students. I also had a glitch with technology this week when I was trying to put my rubric for a presentation on the Elmo. Our teacher has a very disorganized station where she keeps her technology like laptop, elmo, remotes and it also has piles of paper etc... So I felt like I was invading personal space when I was clearing off some of the papers because I couldn't get the paper to lay straight. Needless to say I love of the technology our teacher has in the classroom, I would just set things up different.
I also like that the computer teacher in our school really enforces typing. She doesn't use technology just for games. Each student is individually tested which I think is interesting because in my elementary we were graded by our class average. I think it was just easier on the teacher. One thing I didn't like about the teacher is that one of the standards for the school is to learn how send e-mails. She does a presentation on how to send an e-mail and doesn't have the kids manually do it. I think it is sorta weird they do it that way, she also said it was the parents responsibility to teach their children to e-mail. I thought that was an interesting outlook.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment