Sunday, September 28, 2008
Digital Story
This is a very helpful tool! I am scared by digital stories because I was just introduced to them, but I think that they are very useful. I really think that I would use them for introducing a topic or and event that I would be teaching. I have chosen Mount Vesuvius which is a volcano that erupted and preserved the community. There are pictures of the findings that I am going to put into my digital story and I think it would be an amazing way to show primary sources and really engage the students in the topics they learn. I have thought about just getting a video for lessons but you have to find one that really fits the learning content, so why not make a digital story that can be exactly what you want the content to be and the exact facts or details you want to have students know. I am really impressed by the digital stories we looked at in class, students did one of how their parents met, and how their family got to America with real photos. I really think this would be a fun project to do of your class. Each student could contribute a picture of themselves and facts about their life and we could make one up of all the students. I would use the digital stories to report information to any grade level, but for an assignment I would have upper grades make their own. This is a great tool because you can have your students do any subject matter in their digital stories. It would be fun to see what they would do as a topic that they chose and one that I gave them. I really think this would be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to learning more about them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment