Sunday, October 5, 2008

Digital Story Cont...

Earlier I talked about how as a teacher you could make Digital Stories to pertain to any content you need. I think that digital stories are a great tool because of this flexibility to do anything with them. If you can't find an interesting way to present a topic or can't find a video to go along with a unit of topic you are introducing, you could make a digital story. The only drawback I see to this is that it is time consuming. If you weren't able to find time to squeeze this in, it could be difficult to get the quality of digital story you want. I think that this would be a great as a project for older grades, I personally would want students to do one on a topic that we are studying however, I think it would be fun to see what they would choose as a student choice topic. The only draw back I see to this is, in elementary school, everyone shares the computer lab, unlike high school, or my high school each subject (English, math, and science) all had their own lab and then we had an additional lab. So there was always a computer lab that you could check out. In the elementary schools that I have been in, the have one lab that you get to use once a week. However, I really want to get a laptop station grant so that my class or as a grade we could have our own so that we could have the opportunity to actually use these great tools.
I think that this digital story is going to be a lot of fun. My partner and I have started our story board and I really liked the sticky note idea. I really like the mobility because it doesn't have to be concrete because you can just move the sticky note. We are doing our digital story on volcanoes and I am enjoying relearning things about them. This is a great tool, I just hope that my classroom will be able to have the opportunity to use it.

No comments: