Sunday, October 12, 2008

Technology in the Classroom

So I went and met my cooperating teacher and her classroom ROCKS!! She has a super technology filled classrom. She got a grant where she has to take two years of classes and she has technology in her classroom in return. This grant is only for upper grades so they were able to have this technology implimented in their classroom. So she has some really cool things, like, a Smart Board, an Elmo, a PROJECTOR, digital cameras and hopefully by the time I am in her classroom the laptop cart is coming in November. It was so eye opening because she let us in her classroom while she took the students to the lunch room and I was looking around, I saw the celing and there was the projector. Then when she came back to explain what she wanted us to do and then she showed us around her classroom. She explained the Elmo, it is awesome! No more making transparencies you just put the picture on the Elmo and you can even zoom in to see the fibers in a shirt. I am really excited to learn how to use the Smart Board, she was saying that you can save lesson plans on it. Oh and also, her classroom has a sound system. A surround sound system. It was funny because she was explaining all of their resources like it was everyday for them. There are very few classrooms with the type of technology that hers has. Also something that I am excited about is that their school has two computer labs, one is for classes where they have a specialist and one is for check out. There are a lot of resources at this school and I am really excited to learn how it all works. I have only heard how cool the smart boards are but have never actually touched one. This is going to be fun!!

No comments: