Friday, October 24, 2008
Online Access
Learning Google Sites has opened up the possibilities for contact as a teacher. This is a great way to keep the parents of your students informed about what is going on. The sites you can make are endless to the possibilities that you can create on keeping parents up to date on what is going on in your class. I like the idea of the Home Page being a way of welcome, and you can have your contact on the very first thing they see. That is easy access which is a great tool for those people who really need to get a hold of you for some reason or another. I really like the announcements page and calendar page. This is what will keep a classroom moving smoothly because the parents can get updates on what is going on or what they are responsible for. This is also a great outline for a teacher as well. I like to be organized and this is a great way to keep everyone on the same page. Not only for events coming up but for classroom instruction as well. I like the Homework page as more of a reminder for the student. I think it would be fun that they student would have to go home an get their assignment instead of just getting it the old fashion way on paper. It would be neat to have links the students could use for homework help and really practice rather than learn new things. I think children of this day would really open their minds up to something digitally rather than having to do homework in a way that is not practical for them. This is something that they will for surely be using in the real world and I like the possibilities of having this site for classroom use. I thought it would be fun to have the students granted access to the site for a week and they can submit their book reports on the site and display it for the parents. We could also show this in class and just connect to our site. I see this way of doing a book report a lot more eye catching for students then the old poster. Sure students will have the same information on this, it will just be in a cooler hip form.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment