Sunday, October 19, 2008

Digital Story (continued...)

So we have put the final touches on our digital story, the experience was very good for us. I really feel like if you wanted to integrate technology in a fun and inviting way, this is a good for that. I thought that our story came together well and I particularly liked learning the Audacity program. It is amazing what you can do with it. I really like that you have such mobility with it because you can put in so many aspects that you other wise can't in Photo story. I also thought that looking for music was one of the funnest parts because I really feel like music is the something in a story or movie that makes you feel what the person is trying to make you feel. I think that scary movies wouldn't be as scary with out the music; it just gets you in that anticipation mode. I thought that the music we chose was good for our story, it gives the feel of our topic. Also, it was really easy to find pictures, just it was hard narrowing down what you wanted, and what worked with the content. That was probably the hardest part for us. It was fun doing the recording and it was amazing that our microphone was so good. People were turning on the computers and it was making noise, there were printers printing and some really considerate people next to us were talking really loud. However none of that was picked up, which was really nice. I had fun with the recording too, it is always weird to hear your own voice played back to you.
Now to some other class content, my group for Classroom Management has decided to do a PowerPoint, no big deal. It was interesting to me to hear one of our group members say that when there is a PowerPoint she learns the content of what the other groups are trying to portray better than with out one. I thought it was interesting because not every class the teacher has a ready and waiting PowerPoint. That made me think that technology is not only tapping in to the visual learners it is tapping into the auditory too, like our digital story that has narration and music. I thought it was as good learning experience to hear how she learns, because that will help me in the future if there is a student that learns better with a PowerPoint then why not put one together for them.

No comments: