Thursday, October 30, 2008

Technology in The Classroom

At my school that I am assigned, I feel like it is hard to have a technology rich lesson plan that is super new and exciting to the students. They have a projector, smart board, Elmo, surround system, digital cameras and laptops. So to say the least, a technology rich lesson plan can totally happen, it is just that I want something that is new and exciting. I feel like I would be able to incorporate all of those things into a lesson, I feel like the students will have a "so what?" attitude. I'll have to ask my teacher how she keeps things new and exciting because I am excited about the opportunity to learn how to use all of this stuff. I am most excited about the Elmo right now because we won't have to make over head transparencies. I really like that our teacher is just letting us role with all of these resources in her classroom because I could see someone being protective over it. I think that I would be like that, just because you want things to last, even though technology is ever changing. In psychology, we learned about 5th and 6th grade classes in Nebo school district that have wiki's that they are able to talk about their homework outside of class and help each other. I really like that idea of making a community of learners digitally. It will allow for shy personalities to shine through and students will be able to learn from each other, which is where the best learning happens.

No comments: