My beliefs with technology are simple. I think that there should be technology in every classroom, being used an not collecting dust. There should be every resource exhausted to make sure that there is newest technology in the classroom for the next generation in the workforce. Something that I found in my field experience is that in the area that I was in, the teacher had a technology grant. There was a lot of technology in the classroom, however, the classroom was not organized in a way that the technology could be used effectively. If I were to have the technology that my cooperating teacher had, I would not let it collect dust and make it usable. Often times the Elmo could not be used unless you moved the pile of papers that were on it. I think that technology is a wonderful resource to have in the classroom and it is important for students to have in the classroom. With this classroom, they get used to the technology that is in the classroom, what happens when they go to the next grade and they are left with just a pencil and paper? They loose those vital skills that they have learned the year before. That is why we need to have the same technology available in every grade.
I personally believe that technology has made my life better in every aspect. There are always resources to find whatever you are in need of. I think that it is unfortunate that there are grants and virtually free money out there towards technology going to waste. We should take full advantage of that. I think that as we are an ever changing society, the use of technology in the classroom should change too. As we start to get younger generation teachers in the classroom I feel that there will be a better understanding and there will be a different control of technology. I like the idea of having an international network. Not the old fashion pen pal but the digital pal that is available all hours with just a touch of a button. I am grateful to be living in the time that I am because I feel that technology has been a great light to education and I hope that soon in the future, it will be more of a constant, and not a sporadic tool.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment