Sunday, December 7, 2008
Webquests
Learning how to do a webquest is a very good teacher tool and one that I think that will become one of my most often used tools. As my group and I have been going through the process, we have come up with a lot of good ideas. Along with the Digital Stories, you can make webquests fit any subject matter you are teaching. That is a very useful tool in my eyes. If there is something that you are teaching and want a good hook to engage the students, webquests are the way to go. I personally think that I will utilize my time by making webquest. Not only are they discovery learning based, which is a good strategy because the students own the subject, they are very useful to incorporate other skills as well, like reading comprehension. Using webquests in a classroom will be very time efficient for student learning, which time is the worst enemy in the classroom. I can see myself using webquests because I can make them fit the needs of the learners in my classroom. There can be different levels of webquests and each student can learn the same information at the speed appropriate for them. This will also make it possible for accelerated students to cure the everlasting case of boredom because they will be given different tasks from the majority of the class. The same is for the diverse learners that need accommodations to the webquest. Having different variations with webquests on the same subject will be private and students will feel comfortable being more accelerated or accommodated because they won't be doing different subject matter. It will be the same, with different tasks. I really am enjoying making our webquest because we are doing a kindergarten sight word webquest and we are recording the instructions which will make it user friendly for younger grades. I am really excited to implement this tool in the classroom. I hope the school will be accommodating to my needs of technology and the students will engage in learning better with the use of webquests. I found in my field experience when we did a condensed version of a webquest that they were engaged because they made it their own. Discovering something for themselves really gives the students a sense of power and for the teacher, a mobility to use it in any subject.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment