Thursday, December 11, 2008

Strengths and Weaknesses

My strengths with technology in the UNI survey where eye opening to me. I was apprentice on most of the questions when I expected to be higher. I have taken many technology classes, I was involved in distance learning in high school and got most of my associates through that service. I had to do many things online and I feel that I know all of the basic functions computers and Internet. I also like to record songs with my guitar, and I know the basics of the programs involved with that. I feel that I can look up ways to troubleshoot effectively and don't need a lot of guidance when given an assignment. On the UNI survey, I needed more experience with video conferencing, making educational websites, video recordings and databases. In regards to the video recording, I prefer a camera instead of a video camera, thus I do not have as much experience with it. If money were no object for me, I am sure I would be better and video recording. I need more experience with databases and how they work, and how to back them up. I haven't had much experience with databases either because I save most of my items online.
My goals for the classroom regarding technology are high compared to my standards. I want to write a grant to have the most technology possible with the most free dollars I can find. I would like to have a smartboard, elmo and a laptop Mac lab that I can use for any subject. When I teach technology I want the students to be involved. I do not want any of the instruction to be direct because the students will not make the technology their own. I like the idea of having a digital set of text books because they can be updated at will with out having to have a reprinted version. I think that having these items in the classroom will help me with my weakness of databases because I will have to know the programs database to update the programs. To help with my video recording weaknesses, I would like to take a videography class to record our experiments. I think that putting together educational websites will come with research like the webquest website that we watched on teacher tube. I think that I will assess the needs of my classroom in order to make webquests and digital stories according to what they are studying.

No comments: